Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Bikes, lessons, and splits! You can know too, if you want to...

Hey this this last week was a blast! 

Swedish meatballs anyone? 
I'll just say that I worked on a bike for the first time in like 5 months and it felt awesome!!  haha  We went to a members house for a lesson and he said he had a problem with his mountain bike, and I said “Maybe I can be of some assistance?....” haha.  So I fixed his bike and it felt amazing!  I miss my mountain bike so much but it's ok.  I have the rest of my life to do that stuff :) 

I went on Splits this week with Äldste White from Borlänge, and that was fun.  He also gave me a hair cut so that's cool.  We went up to Gävle for work overs to do a baptismal interview.  When we got off the train, we did splits with the Elders there for about 20 minutes to contact people in the city.  I went with Äldste Swenson (a greenie) and my companion went with Äldste Liddle.  We then split up and went our separate ways.  When we were walking down the road, Äldste Swenson and  I saw a big group of Somalians and thought “Lets teach all these guys!" So we went over there and I took 3 guys and Äldste Swenson took the other 3 guys.  We began talking to them in Swedish and they were surprised that we could speak (Äldste Swenson’s Swedish is really good for a Greenie).  I started teaching my guys about the Book of Mormon and several more of their friends surrounded us with curiosity.  At this time I was surrounded by about 5 or 6 guys teaching them all about the Book of Mormon haha.  I would say by the end there was about 8 to 10 guys present to listen to both of us.  That was a super fun experience.  Just open preaching!  Crazy!

The Systers baptism was awesome.
Loyd is an awesome guy.
Two of the super cool Theology students from
the local university studying about the our Church!
One more cool thing that happened this week was that we got a call from the university asking us if some students could come to church and learn about what we believe and see how our church organization functions. There were 4 people that came on Saturday.  Äldste Johnson and I gave them a tour of the church and answered a lot of questions.  We then sat down and taught them pretty much the whole “Restoration" of the Gospel and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  Super cool.  They then said that they would come to church the next day and the Systers had a baptism so they said would come to that too!  The next day (Sunday) before church we had a lesson that with an investigator and after that 6 people from the University that showed up to church and stayed!  Besides that, we had 3 others who are our Investigators come to church as well!  The other missionaries all brought people to, so at least half of the congregation were not members!  Super cool and it was a great day!  Our Bishop is awesome and was very professional.  We got a picture with 2 of the students who were in the group we taught on Saturday and they said that something was different about this church and that they felt something special. 

I just want to say that this Gospel IS true.  Of course, the organization can follow with that but people are imperfect.... the Gospel of Jesus Christ is not.  This IS the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and you can know that as well if you want to….
 
Love you all and have a good week! 
Äldste Blackburn
Aldste = Elder in Swedish
Syster = Sister in Swedish
Greenie = New missionary
Work over = staying in a different city for a couple days
Splits = Being with a missionary other than your companion
Went up to Gävle for a baptismal interview, and got this
awesome pic with the Gävle Systers contacting
someone in the back ground.
Playing some cool basses this last P-day!

Äldste Bailey and I keeping it real with our Nordic heaters.





No comments:

Post a Comment